Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Today I had a list a mile long...  of course I put EVERYTHING on my list so it looked something like this:
-gym (lower body)
-water garden
-shower
-paint 1st coat of the china cabinet
-lunch
-dishes
-walk to bank.... and on and on it went. SEE nothing hard (shower? hello!). The painting was the time consuming part and just as I was planning the second coat Lisa came to the rescue with a brilliant idea to go hiking. Yay for spontaneous summer plans!

After the sweaty and rewarding hike I came home to one of my newest changes.
How sweet it is!
Such an improvement from the mat that we inherited.  Wouldn't you agree?
Thanks to my sister(in-law) and her family for the Pier 1 gift card - I can't wait to use the rest of it! :)

Here are a few other improvements that greeted me when I got home.
My new (to me) ottoman and the cushion I made for it. 
It added some much needed storage and a great place to put your shoes on (something the Mr. takes very seriously!).

I also made new pillows for the couch and you can even catch a glimpse of our new house plant that our friends gave us.
Oh and did you notice the new blinds?  Here they are in case you missed them.
The best part is that they open from the top or the bottom which allows us to still get some sunshine in without the entire neighbourhood watching us. Like this:
Here is what it looked like before all the changes. Now I know you can't really see because the sun is SO bright but those are two cheapo aluminum mini-blinds one of which was bent and yellowed.

There you have it a few more changes making our Home Sweet Home even more comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment