Monday, August 1, 2011

More Living Room Fun

The living room is coming along everyday.  Still lots to do but I don't think it will ever be "done" and always a work in-progress.  Not that it is anywhere close to even being considered done yet anyways!

This is what the yellow looks like in the day and you can see my new silver shag carpet.  I have a thing for shag carpeting, LOVE the way it feels when you walk on it. :)

On the mantel is a picture set that I really like but it is too small and doesn't look right with the new yellow walls so I plan on switching it out for a mirror or some larger art.   There are those terrible cushions again -shudder....

The view of the front window and entryway:
It was super bright and my camera skills are minimal but you get the idea.  The blue stool is where we sit to put our shoes on and it doubles as a door stop - bonus!

People who have been to my house recently will know that I've made a few extra updates already.   So stay tuned for the pictures :)

Tomorrow I plan on tackling something different.  I'm going to try painting furniture (something totally new to me - unless you count spray painting a shelf... and I don't think you should...).  It is a china cabinet I picked up at the Sally Ann.  Should be an adventure at least.

Here she is in all her thrift store glory.  TaDA!

1 comment: