Friday, July 29, 2011

Living Room: Before the Before and a New Beginning

Here is the start of the much anticipated living room progress reveal!

I have been postponing writing this post as I have been looking for the before pictures from when we first moved in but I can't seem to find the camera.  However, I do have some pictures of the living room from the real estate listing.  So here is how the living room looked for the previous owners.
This is facing the front of the house. The front door is down there on the right and if you were to stand by their couch and turn around you'd see this:
 So, as you can see, the living room is very narrow and the colour is very apartment white.

Since the living room in our apartment served numerous purposes (office, craft room, gym) we didn't have much actual "living room" furniture.  Also, it was very student-y (read: cheap crap) that was past its prime and then some.  So the first step was to buy a couch.

We just had one requirement: it had to be big enough for both of us (something our ikea klippan love seat failed miserably at), oh and dark grey AND fit into our space - oh yeah, and be comfortable!  (okay more than one requirement...) Luckily our family contributed a chunk towards this major purchase (love you!) and after only a few bumps and one bad experience we were the proud owners of this baby.
Please excuse the terrible nighttime iphone picture and the hideous throw pillows it came with (eeeekkkk!) the couch is nice - I swear!

Next up was to paint! I chose a lovely yellow which I believe was "Celestial Sun" by CIL however homedepot's code for this number didn't turn out so they ended up doing a custom match off the chip so I'm not sure if it is exactly the same or not. (On a side note, it is never good when the girl at the paint centre says something like this: "oh this doesn't match... maybe I should add more red... or yellow" and then proceeds to spend 15 minutes trying to perfectly match a chip by adding random colours) The final result was a winner though as I love this colour - it isn't too bright or reminiscent of a nursery - but best of all: it makes me HAPPY!!!


And yet another iphone pic, taken at the wrong time of day, that doesn't really do the colour justice (this is where the computer desk was in the listing picture if you were trying to figure that out).

So stay tuned for a much more interesting continuation tomorrow when I'm not so tired and I can actually get up to get the pictures off of something more substantial than my iphone!

It gets better. I swear.


1 comment:

  1. LOOKS WAY BETTER YELLOW...WANNA COME PAINT MY LIVINGROOM? LOL

    ReplyDelete