Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer Kick Off!

I thought I'd kick off my summer fitness goals with Jillian's "Making the Cut" circuit.  I have started this program twice before (once getting quite far) and I knew it was hard but I'm sitting here right now a big shaky, sweaty mess AND I didn't even finish the first day.  Wow.  4 months of inactivity has really has taken its toll.  Which I knew.  I knew by the way my clothes weren't fitting and by how I was feeling but I chose to ignore those signs so now I will pay for my choices.  I'm getting into shape and nothing will stop me.

So here is what I actually managed to do:

Circuit 1
Dumbbell Presses on Body Ball - 20 reps with 10lbs weights
Dumbbell Flys on Body Ball with crunches - 15 reps with 5lbs weights
Squats - 50 fast
Sprint @ 7mph (so far this circuit was feeling easy - could up the weights and speed of the sprint next time)
30 seconds rest

Circuit 2
Plank 10 seconds
Close Grip push-ups -5
Side plank with inner thigh raises -10 (right side)
Plank 10 seconds
Close grip push-ups 5
Side plank with inner thigh raises - 10 (left side)
Burpies 10
Sumo Squats 50
Sprint 1min at 7mph (still feeling good here -wishing the weight room circuit class (full of fit grandmas and grandpas) wasn't taking up so much room though)
30 seconds rest

Circuit 3
Frog push ups - 20
(I have Squat Thrusts written down next... but I must have missed them b/c I didn't do them! ooppps)
Squat 20 seconds
W shoulder presses with leg extension - 10 on each leg
Sprint 1 min @ 7mph (was supposed to be 1 min of jump rope but I didn't have the room.  Feeling pretty tired now - slightly sick from the sprint)
30 seconds rest

Circuit 4
Bench Dips -20
Rope Tricep Press (supposed to be to muscle failure... think I did like 15? - not too impressive!)
And then I thought my breakfast might come up and I wanted to sit down! So I went out into the hall where there are some chairs but it reaked like paint and did NOT help at all so I left.

Now looking at this list I feel like I could finish the rest of this workout before I shower ... not quite the same effect as doing it all with only 30 seconds rest in between. But better than not finishing it at all.

Here is what I have left to do:
Static lunges with shoulder raises - 10 with each leg forward
Mountain climbers - 1 min
Boat Pose -1min

Circuit 5
Jump Rope 1 min
Bicycle crunches - 50 reps
Plank -30 seconds


Then I'll get that French toast I've been craving and my blueberries with yogurt - Fresh blueberries are SO good!


I'll be back to post later - I'm hoping to finish painting my living room today.  Then I can post some pics!  Also, I have a fitness class I'd like to try this evening. . . you know if I can still walk by then :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment