Friday, July 8, 2011

Nemesis

I mentioned before that I was going to devote some a lot of time to getting into shape this summer.  This week (which, to my defense, I dubbed the sleep week BEFORE school was even out) I have tried to choose healthy foods and avoid sugar like the black plague.  Also, I've done a lot of work around the house and not as much sleeping as I'd imagined.

While I was poking around on Pinterest, which is insanely addictive if you've been there then you'll know what I'm talking about . . . if you haven't then I can't be held responsible.  Anyways, while I was on Pinterest I created a motivation board with super motivational images like this:

and this:


Motivational right?  Look at her back... and arms.  Holy insanely awesome.

The gym that is just steps out my front door has been closed for a week.  It reopens tomorrow and it has been on the back of my mind all day as has my ultimate nemesis. 

Chocolate.

Covered.

Almonds.

I buy them bulk at Thrifty Foods.  I've been buying them for years - I know all the sale cycles and the bulk code - see, we go WAY back.  I'm very particular, I only like THESE chocolate covered almonds. I've tried packaged versions and ones from other stores' bulk sections and they are good enough BUT never the same.  The chocolate is grainy or too thin or, or, or...

Funnily enough I always want them and buy them but am starting to not enjoy them nearly as much as I used to (good news right? right?).

So here I sit.  Me and a gigantic bag of my favourite bulk nemesis.  If you can have a favourite nemesis. . .watching reruns of Bob's Burgers with the Mr. and enjoying some time before reality hits.

Night :)

(and yes I know all about not labeling food bad or good and giving it power and yada yada yada)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, do you still have the 15 minute workout by that lady form the biggest loser.... I wonder if I could get a copy if possible??? I cant seem to find mine anywhere...sooo annoying

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shred? I think I have it around somewhere - I'll look for it :)

    ReplyDelete